Well, Last week's Pinterest Challenge came and went and I never got around to writing this until now...
So without further ado, here are the inspiration "pins":
Here are the "Before's":
Nothing horrible, but could be better, right?
Enter these guys, namely the same Contact Paper I used on this project, and a magical thing I discovered on, where else, Pinterest... Chalkboard Contact Paper!
Now for the "After"!
Much better! Now we have a much more interesting, yet renter friendly, backsplash. I had been planning on doing this for a while and had put test pieces up before we moved in. Since it's been over a month and they lasted fine I went ahead and did the whole area on this side, as well as above the sink on the other side of the kitchen. For the jars I just did a Google image search for "label template" to find one I liked, and traced it onto the back of the contact paper to cut out.
I also have a bonus Pinterest inspired Before & After to share with you. Here is the original "pin":
My version was just done in Powerpoint and printed on standard paper.
Here it is on the picture ledges in the Living Room, which still need a lot of work and are acting as a catch all for a lot of random frames.
Thanks Sherry & Katie for motivating me to get more done, again!