Saturday, November 19, 2011

Check out my Drawers!

Don't worry, I'm not planning on showing my undies on the blog or anything. Although if you engage in the same hobby we do, there's a pretty good chance they are posted on the internet for all to see already.

But this post isn't about dancing, it's about drawers. Drawers, silverware, and organizing the two.

We started out with two drawers to the right of the oven that each held a plastic silverware tray, along with some other items because the drawers weren't big enough to hold both units in one.


On the left side of the oven is a deeper drawer that held our cloth napkins, dish towels, and silicone oven mitts.


I purchased three of these cutlery caddys for about $3 each to corral our silverware vertically in the deeper drawer, along with repurposing two metal cups to hold the baby bear's smaller forks and spoons. I kept the dish towels in the back of this drawer.



Now one of the drawers on the right holds the oven mitts, the cloth napkins, and the little cardboard box holds the Baby Bear's Pura Sippy accessories.


The other drawer is pretty much empty for now, except for our cake server set from our wedding and a couple placemats that I just washed. (So we practically gained a whole drawer by making the switch.)

Some of our silverware is stored in other places in the Kitchen as well. For instance I keep a stash of teaspoons in a jar at the little coffee station next to the fridge. I use these frequently for filling my Ekobrew cup in the morning, and stirring my cocoa at night.


I also recently got this silver tray from Ikea and have been keeping it out on the dining table with our table settings all laid out for the next meal.


It's become habit to make sure and set everything out each night after dinner so that the next time we go to eat we have everything we need to set the table right there.


s for those plastic trays... well if you have ever been around toddler boys, you probably know at least one of the engines that live on the island of Sodor by name. Those trays are a great way to corral the Baby Bear's ever growing collection of "Chugga Chugga Choo Choos" (as he calls them), Hot Wheels, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters.


Since he plays with them all the time right now, they are easily accessible at the top of the storage trunk in the Living Room.


Who doesn't love a free solution to help keep the overwhelming toys at bay!

There are still so many things on my "To Do" list, and with the Holidays coming up I am feeling the pressure to get some things done before my Mom comes to visit for Christmas. Since I'm only working two days next week, I'm hoping to be super productive over the extra long weekend.

How about you, any plans to get stuff done around the house before the Holidays, or are you looking forward to just relaxing and doing nothing? (I'm hoping to fit a little bit of that in too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment