Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back in the USSR!

Globes are quickly becoming a hot decorating trend, and I have pinned a few cute ones in kid's rooms on Pinterest lately. In brainstorming ideas for Diego's "big boy" room makeover I have come across some really cute ideas like this one (that inspired the new wall color also):

and this:


and this one:


So, imagine my joy today when I walked into a local antique shop on my lunch break and spotted this baby!

And the fact that it was 50% off was the icing on the cake!


The guy who sold it to me joked about the importance of teaching my 2 year old that the world was not, in fact, flat...




While I was already daydreaming about showing him where Nana, GrandPapa Mike, and Uncle Matt live.


"Look baby, we're right there in that pink state by the ocean..."


However I won't be using this particular area for any educational purposes.

Since it is obviously a bit outdated and inaccurate, there is also the possibility of doing something crafty with it like these lamps:


Or painting and stenciling it like this:

"this, this, this"
Or even going with chalkboard paint:


Hmmm, so many choices...
Guess you'll just have to wait and see what I decide to do with it once we actually move.

On a side note, I went back to Dream Dinners tonight and restocked the freezer with yummy meals! It's such a good feeling knowing that we've got things on hand to cook up on busy nights, and we are  fattening up our wallets and decreasing our waistlines (even with the awesome Chocolate Chunk Cookies I couldn't resist getting again!)

All images not taken by me are from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment